Friday, May 30, 2014

Travelogue: Off to Burot


Going to places by yourself isn't as lonely and scary as you think it is. For the first time in my life, I went to the beach alone. Thanks to the bloggers who have shared about this place because I learned about it through them. I traveled from Manila to Calatagan in Batangas to see and experience it before summer ends.

I'm talking about Burot Beach, by the way. Its name may not sound enticing but when you see the spot, you would surely appreciate it. It's a three and a half hour van ride and a 20-minute tricycle ride from Manila. Though I went there alone, I would love some company next time. The place has no electricity and tents are the best accommodation they can offer. The sea is rocky and shallow in some areas and the sand may not be as fine as what you might expect, but hey, it's the quickest escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Not to worry, there are boatmen who offer "island hopping." They will take you to sandbars and from there you can easily get access to the deeper parts - swim, take photos and whatnot. Also, check out the area where there are lots of starfish. Feast your eyes and take nothing but pictures.

I suggest you go there with your family or friends. It would be great if you spend the night there, make a bonfire, watch the sun rise and set, drink and bond with whoever you're with. I had fun going alone but make your effort count and stay a little longer. I was only there for a good four hours because I spent the rest of the day on the road, traveling from Manila to Batangas and back. 
 That's one of the shallow and rocky parts.
 Adorable kids. Not sure if they're twins but they sure look so much alike.
 Floating cottages. You need to pay to avail them.
 Island hopping view
That part of the sea in front of me is the deep area. 
And I'm the solo traveler.

Let's try another beach next time, shall we?

Budget reference:
RT Pasay-Calatagan via van - P360
RT Van Terminal to Burot Beach via tricycle - P300
Day trip entrance fee - P65
Island hopping fee - P100/head (but since I was alone I paid P150, haggled it instead of paying P200. LOL)
*Bring your own food and tent if you're planning to stay overnight. 
Overnight fee - P130
Tent rental (if you don't have one) - P300

If you have inquiries about the place, contact:
Mang Ramon (caretaker) - 0915 602 8907
Kuya Jamil (tricycle driver) - 0918 202 7654


2 comments:

  1. You go gurl! Should have invited Vi and me to come with so you have company and photographers at the ready lol. Happy you're blogging :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah! wait lang nagulat ako at nagcomment ka :)) thanks mum. yeah! i wish i could keep this up too :)) see you soon mum and let's go there soon :D

      Delete